If you have a choice, please choose to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
We encourage all attendees to follow guidance by the Centers for Disease Control which currently recommends prevention steps based on COVID-19 Community Levels. While masks are recommended and appreciated, as of 6/1/2022 we will not be requiring masks or proof of vaccination to attend the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo. However, we reserve the right to amend our requirements based on the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic or local laws at any time.
Furthermore, on the date(s) of the event, if you recently tested positive for COVID-19 or are currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo. We hope everyone can attend our event, but understand that any decision we make regarding COVID-19 will not make everyone happy. If you do not feel safe attending SFGE, we understand and hope you will consider joining us for next year’s event.
In addition to our masking and attendance policies above, SFGE, Marriott, and Cobb Galleria have instituted additional measures which we feel will provide a safer environment for all attendees:
- Arcade and pinball games in the game hall will continue to have greater spacing between them than at pre-COVID events.
- For tabletop gaming, we will provide many more gaming tables to allow for greater spacing of gamers with additional event venue space for overflow gaming.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout our event space, in the gaming hall, and on gaming tables.
- The Cobb Galleria and Renaissance Waverly have implemented increased cleaning of event venues by staff. View the Cobb Galleria’s “Safety First” Guidelines here. View Marriott’s “What to Expect” information here.
- Cobb Galleria Centre adheres to routine maintenance on their HVAC systems to facilitate increased ventilation rates, improve central air filtration, increase the fresh air brought into the building, and reduce the re-circulation of air.
- Events that have previously experienced large crowds (such as wrestling, hotlanta extreme eating challenge, ’80s prom, etc) may require attendance caps and reduced seating capacity. We will be monitoring audience loading of events and event spaces. Should crowding become an issue, we will hold guests at the door and institute a 1-out, 1-in policy as needed.
Even though we are working hard to have a safe event for everyone involved, by attending SFGE you assume all risks related to COVID-19 exposure and understand any location with people present comes with risk of exposure. Thank you for your patience, kindness, understanding, and support.