If you have a choice, please choose to get vaccinated.
Following a virtual-only event in 2020, we are excited and very thankful to be able to host the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo once again. With restrictions for live events in Georgia lifted, we aim to provide our attendees with a fun and safe weekend of gaming. While we believe our event will mostly look like it has in the past, there are a few changes in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in science and our policies are informed by CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines and additional event venue policies. Our guest’s safety is our top priority. Therefore, our safety measures are as follows*:
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed entry into the event. Affected individuals should stay home, contact your healthcare provider, and plan to attend a future SFGE event.
- In accordance with CDC’s guidelines for vaccinated individuals, fully vaccinated attendees are not required to wear face coverings or social distance at the event.
- Following CDC guidelines, unvaccinated guests should wear face coverings and practice social distancing to protect themselves and others.
In addition to our masking and attendance policies above, we have instituted additional measures which we feel will provide a safer environment for all attendees:
- Arcade and pinball games in the game hall will have greater spacing between them than at previous events with a goal of at least three feet of distance between games.
- For tabletop gaming, we will provide more gaming tables to allow for greater spacing of gamers with additional event venue space for overflow gaming.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout our event space, in the gaming hall, and on gaming tables.
- The Cobb Galleria and Renaissance Waverly have implemented increased cleaning of event venues by staff.
- Events that have previously experienced large crowds (such as wrestling, hotlanta extreme eating challenge, ’80s prom, etc) may require attendance caps and reduced seating capacity. We will be monitoring audience loading of events and event spaces. Should crowding become an issue, we will hold guests at the door and institute a 1-out, 1-in policy as needed.
It is important to protect our gaming community. We want to see all your smiling faces…eventually. However, in order to successfully host our 2021 event and return for future events these measures need to be in place. Let’s draw on our strength as a community to work together to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you for your patience, kindness, understanding, and support.
*These policies are subject to change following official COVID-19 guideline updates from the CDC.